Monday 22 October 2012

"Cleaning our Windows of Perception" Part 2

What do you see?
I was interested by a persons response to a photograph I used as a seasonal theme to advertise my Sound Meditation for All Hallows on 31st October.  In Celtic tradition, this feast of Samhain marks the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter, "the darker half of the year."  The person's response seemed to come from a place of fear and superstition and it reminded me of another conversation I had with someone who was terrifed to have any pictures, fabrics,hangings or feathers of peacocks in her house.

It is easy to engage in the emotion of fear and let our thoughts run away with us and create bigger "mountains out of molehills." based on our conditioning. My understanding is that these "mountains" make up a lot of our heavy mental energy and that whenever I feel heavy and need to transform it, ie."clean my windows" I go into Nature and with intent, connect.

For me this photo means more that a stone in a tree trunk, it is my way of appreciating and connecting with the rythmn, silence and beauty of Nature in all the splendour of the Autumn colours and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment